Wednesday, February 23, 2011

kids and their 1st day of school...

i know you must be wondering 'what kids and what 1st day of school is janice talking about?' yes, i dont have any kids but i've got plenty of cousins and friends who have kids and scrapping their kids photos is enough to make me not wanna have my own! at this point, this seems to be the better deal, because i still get to have fun; i dont need to yell, chase or discilipine them!

i also get loads of time to do things i like and scrap! so this post is all about 2 kids i know and their first day of school. the first child is wyn-ning, she is my eldest niece; she is considerate and well behaved. her layout is based on sketch 226 from http://www.pencillines.com/

and here is my take...


supplies used: patterned paper - autumn leaves; cardstock - autumn leaves, dcwv; alphas - recollection, jenni bowlin and sizzix; buttons - daiso and pop-up stickers - k&co.


the second kid is jaz's 2nd son, roy; he's cheeky and energetic. his layout is based on sketch 106 from http://www.thescrappiest.blogspot.com/ and here is my attempt...


supplies used: patterned papers - autumn leaves; cardstock - dcwv; alphas - american crafts, recollection, sizzix, jenni bowlin

i love 'school' themed papers and they seem to be able to match with any photos, i also love how 'school' themed layouts allow me to use buttons, banners and a whole load of color and it can still work out.

i hope that i can keep this up since this are my 3rd and 4th layout in 6 days! i really wanna scrap more and use more of my supplies so i can get the new arrivals without feeling guilty after...
wish me luck!
*hugs*














1 comment: